Ward Councillors

From May 2022, Fife Councillors for the ‘East Neuk and Landward’ ward, which
covers the largest portion of the Cameron area are:

Cllr Fiona Corps
Address: Fife House, Glenrothes KY7 5LT
Telephone: 03451 555555 x442320
Email: [email protected]

Cllr Sean Dillon
Address: Fife House, Glenrothes KY7 5LT
Telephone: 03451 555555 x442320
Email: [email protected]

Cllr Alycia Hayes
Address: Fife House, Glenrothes KY7 5LT
Telephone: 03451 555555 x442320
Email: [email protected]

Help with Cost of Living Crisis

Fife Council has launched a website with information and support with the Cost of Living Crisis. It covers help with income, family, food costs, energy costs, health, employment, homes and more.

It is at Cost of Living Support (

Out-of-Hours Urgent Care

When your GP, Dentist and local Pharmacy are closed, and you are too ill to wait:

Call: 111 (Free Number).

In an emergency, call 999.

Further information about the help and support available to you can be found here.

Shout 85258

Shout is the UK’s first and only free, confidential, 24/7 text messaging service for anyone who is
struggling to cope.

To start a conversation, text the word ‘shout’ to 85258. Trained volunteers will respond and
messages will not appear on your phone bill.

If your life is at imminent risk, call the emergency services on 999.

Home Energy Scotland

Home Energy Scotland programmes are aimed at supporting homeowners and tenants make their homes warmer, reduce their bills and lower their carbon footprint through Scottish Government funded installations of a variety of measures including heating systems, insulation, and draft proofing.

More information on the scheme can be found here:

Rural Crime Prevention

Police Scotland provides information on rural crime prevention for communities likely to be affected by this.

They have produced a leaflet – please read it here

Any suspicious activity should be reported to Police Scotland by calling 101, or alternatively information can be passed anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111. For emergencies call 999.

Friends Against Scams

The UK’s National Trading Standards has set up a useful website with information on scams and how to avoid them.

It also invites individuals to become ‘friends’ against scams by sharing information amongst their communities, and encouraging people to talk about the issue and support each other.

Their website is

Royal Voluntary Service

RVS operates a community transport service in the East Fife area, where volunteers use their own cars to transport and assist older clients who are unable to use public transport to attend various appointments. If you wish to use these services (there is a small charge to cover expenses) or if you wish to volunteer as a driver, please contact RVS:

Telephone: 01592 269654
Email: [email protected]
Mail: New Volunteer House, 16 East Fergus Place, Kirkcaldy, KY1 1XT

The Minority Ethnic 60+ project: ME60+

The Minority Ethnic 60+ project was created by Fife Centre for Equalities, with the aim of identifying the needs and understanding the barriers faced by Minority Ethnic older people living in Fife. It has three multilingual Operational Assistants to provide one-to-one, person- centred support.

It assists people to access mainstream services, including foodbanks, money advice, housing and NHS, as well as offering befriending support.

Fife Centre for Equalities can be contacted from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.

Rural Broadband

The UK Government’s Gigabit Vouchers Scheme is available now. Rural premises with broadband speeds of less than 30Mbps can claim vouchers worth up to £1,500 per residential property and up to £3,500 for each small and medium-sized business (SME), to support the cost of installing new gigabit-capable connections.

These connections don’t just have to be fixed broadband and might include wireless technologies.

Communities can come together to forge Community Fibre Partnerships to make full use of these vouchers to provide common infrastructure to small clusters of premises in rural areas.

To get started please check this link

At this site you can check the providers for your postcode, have a discussion with your neighbours (over 15 properties is usually best) over which provider to choose, then all sign up to open the discussion with the provider.

For those prepared to wait, the Scottish Government expects to award the ‘Reaching 100’ (R100) programme contracts by the end of 2019, with delivery timescales confirmed once the supplier is in place (estimate is Spring 2020). More information on R100 is available at

The UK Government should also be providing more details of its Universal Service Obligation for Broadband next year. It compels providers to provide a broadband service of at least 10Mbps to all premises who don’t have this currently.

Scottish Partnership Against Rural Crime (SPARC)

The Scottish Partnership Against Rural Crime (SPARC) has produced its first Rural Crime Strategy to work in partnership to tackle rural crime throughout Scotland.

Read the SPARC strategy document here

Reporting a Power Cut

Call 105 to report a power cut.

No matter who you pay you bill to, this free-to-call number can be used to report a power cut 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Your call will be directed to SP Energy Networks, who will deal with your problem.

Energy Networks has a Priority Services Register for anyone in the community. Being on the register won’t necessarily mean your power will be restored more quickly, however SP Energy Networks will try to proactively contact you if it knows of a problem in your area.

If you would like to be added to the Priority Services Register, you can either call on 0330 10 10 167, complete a quick form on or text PSR to 61999.

SP Energy has provided further information in this leaflet here.

Winter Roads Emergencies

If you need to report to Fife Council that winter conditions have made local roads or pavements unsafe or unpassable, you can do so in the following ways:

Call the Duty Officer on 03451 555555, extension 859034, or

Send a message to the Council via their Facebook page (‘Fife Council’).

Reporting Problems with Roads

If you need to report potholes or other road faults to Fife Council, you can do so using their online reporting form at It will help to include a photograph of the problem.

If you need to report problems with street lights, street signs, bollards or permanent traffic signals to Fife Council, you can do so using their online reporting form at

These forms should only be used for faults that are not emergencies or immediate safety risks. If you need to report an urgent, dangerous or emergency situation (such as a fallen tree blocking a road, or traffic lights not working), you should call 03451 550099.

National ‘Power of Attorney’ campaign

Having a Power of Attorney in place ensures that welfare and financial choices can be made before a person becomes incapacitated. There is a campaign across Scotland to let people know about the benefits of having a Power of Attorney in place, and further details can be found at

Seagull-proof Black Bags Available Free of Charge

If you need to use black bags for your refuse, seagull-proof sacks are available through Fife Council’s Environment and Building Services department. There is no cost associated with them and they can be ordered by calling the environment helpline on 03451 550022.

At the end of the August 2019 when the Fifedirect website is replaced by the new website the Council hopes to have the facility to order these bags online.

Al-Anon Family Groups

Al-Anon Family Groups provide support to anyone whose life is, or has been, affected by someone else’s drinking, regardless of whether that person is still drinking or not.

There is a free confidential telephone helpline from 10am to 10pm every day: 020 743 0888 or 0800 0086 811

More information is also available at